Get on the path to a strong defense today. We specialize in criminal defense law and traffic ticket defense in courts across multiple counties and municipalities in and around Atlanta.
A traffic ticket attorney can help you in a multitude of ways, but it is especially important to consult with a traffic ticket lawyer if you’re a Georgia driver under 21 years of age. Why is this? Georgia law treats under 21 drivers differently than older licensees, and almost any traffic ticket can cause a license suspension. To understand the potential implications, we have broken it down into the main points below.
-Improper passing on a hill or a curve, O.C.G.A. §40-6-45(a)(1)
- Unlawful passing of a school bus, O.C.G.A. §40-6-163
- Exceeding the speed limit by 24-mph or more, O.C.G.A. §40-6-181
- Aggressive driving, O.C.G.A. §40-6-397
- Purchasing or attempting to purchase an alcoholic beverage
- Misrepresenting age for the purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage
- Misrepresenting identity or using false identification for the purpose of purchasing or
obtaining any alcoholic beverage
- Possession of alcoholic beverages while operating a motor vehicle
If convicted of any of the above alcohol-related offenses, with the exception of possession of
alcohol while operating a motor vehicle, your license will be suspended for a six-month period. A
second or subsequent offense can result in a 12-month license suspension. You will not be
eligible for a limited driving permit.
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with The Housefield Law Firm through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018 LawLawyerTemplate - All Rights Reserved.